The LAX Coastal Area Chamber of Commerce promotes business and enhances the vitality of the community through member services, educational programs, strategic partnerships, community outreach and legislative advocacy.
Membership in the LAX Coastal Area Chamber of Commerce enables your business to take advantage of the vast network and influence of our organization.
Business Extension / Advantages
- Membership Pays For Itself You may never realize how many new customers or clients you have gained because of your investment in the Chamber, but even one business transaction gained through the Chamber often can often pay for a full year's membership.
- Tax Deductibility The Chamber is a 501 (c) (6) non-profit corporation, therefore your membership dues may be tax deductible as a necessary business expense. Consult your tax advisor for more specifics as they apply to your situation.
- Business Goodwill Your membership plaque, prominently displayed, will advertise your community support, involvement and good will.
Networking & Activities
- Monthly Mixers An excellent opportunity for members and prospective members to network, exchange business cards and meet fellow community business people.
- Referral System The Chamber receives requests daily for information on local businesses. Upon receiving inquiries, we only refer Chamber members and we track these referrals on a customized database. Members are also automatically listed on our website and their sites are linked to ours at no cost.
- Committees and forums Our committee structure allows for relationship building while dealing with issues that strengthen the Chamber’s efforts on behalf of its members.
- Speed Networking Events Speed networking is one of the hottest trends among Chambers Individuals have the opportunity to share information about their businesses in a one-on-one setting.
- ChamberFest Business Expo This successful table-top business expo showcases businesses in the area. Admission to ChamberFest is open to the greater community, free of charge.
- Seminars, Workshops, Training Programs Successful past events include topics such as Windows 7, Social Media & Marketing, HR & Employment Law Regulations and Tax Preparation.
- Young Professionals Mixers Network with those young and "young at heart" in a more relaxed setting while still making business connections.
- Ribbon Cuttings Chamber members may request ribbon cuttings with the Chamber Honorary Mayor to celebrate grand openings or anniversaries.
- Daily Breeze and HomeTown News Matching Credits When joining or renewing with the LAX Coastal Area Chamber of Commerce, matching credits of the Chamber dues amount are issued to two of the area’s local papers (some restrictions apply) as long as an equivalent amount of advertising dollars are spent.
- Member Advantage Program A Member-to-Member program where Chamber members offer significant discounts for their goods and services to other Chamber members.
- Quarterly Member Orientation Meetings The Membership Committee sponsors this free informative meeting for all members to learn more about the Chamber and its programs.
- Mailing labels
- Website presence and linkage
- Print advertising in monthly Chamber newsletter
- Advertising insert in newsletter
- Member-to-member programs
- New member recognition on website & in newsletter
Publications / Information
- Business Directory and Destination Guide Members are listed twice in this guide. The first listing is alphabetical and the second is by business classification. Listings include company name, address, phone and fax numbers, free of charge. The Directory is distributed to local businesses, residences and various high traffic locations.
- Advertising A business can reach thousands of residents and other businesses with an advertisement in the Chamber Gateway Business News, map and the Membership Directory.
- Marketing Materials All Chamber members are invited to send business cards, brochures and pamphlets to be showcased at the Chamber Community Enhancement Center, located in the Chamber office lobby.
- Chamber Gateway Business News The Chamber’s Gateway News is the official monthly business publication for Westchester, Marina del Rey, Playa Vista, Playa del Rey and LAX. It offers useful information on business legislation and Chamber and community events.
- Community Information Brochures The Chamber publishes brochures that provide information to potential residents, tourists, developers and business owners.
- Weekly E-blasts
- Business Strategizing
- Certificate of Origin Documentation
- Community Information